Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I Am Overpropped.


 I stumbled across this article in the New York Times the other day only to learn that I am "overpropped". I have a bookshelf with spines arranged by color, a terrarium ( it was a gift!), colorful Le Creuset cookwear (I do use these regularly), a few vintage fans, and antlers (that I wrapped in colorful thread, no less!). I also have several other elements that I consider to be quite cliche when it comes to overpropping. Almost every room in my house has art hung in a frame cluster and various furs splayed across most chairs and beds. Oh, and I also have a very intentionally stacked collection of Pendleton blankets and afghans. And if you really want to see overpropped, check out The Nipper's nursery. That room is crazy.
 
 While I completely understand how commonplace and even cliche my decor may be, I don't believe it is because I am self conscious or trying to be "awesome". And I do really like to entertain. I also studied and love design. I'm neurotic and detail oriented. My husband and I collect interesting little things we find and prop them up around our place. So what? I'm only a little awesome. And in case I get a little too cool for school, there's this clever blog to take me down a peg or two.



(photo credits Jamie Schwaberow for The New York Times)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic